General Magic Facts At-a-Glance
Mission Engaging, Active Internet Software
Charter: General Magic is in the business of making computers and networks more powerful and easier to use so that individuals and businesses can be more productive. With a talented engineering team, strong third-party alliances, and a track record of innovation, the company is well positioned to lead a new generation of engaging, active Internet communication solutions.
Founded: May 1990
Chairman/CEO/President: Steve Markman
1995 Revenues: $14,165,000
Employees: 207 worldwide
Offices: Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
Columbia, South Carolina
Products:Communication Products Division
Active Internet Products Division
- Magic Cap for Windows 95: An integrated email, fax, Internet access and personal organization solution for the small office/home office (SOHO) user.
- Magic Cap communications software: Connects busy professionals to the information and services of the Internet in an engaging way-anywhere, any time, quickly and easily.
- Presto!Links and Presto!Mail: The first mobile Internet platform; integrates email, web browser, calendars, and contacts on Magic Cap communicators.
- Softmodem: Provides data and fax modem functionality on virtually any operating system, any processor
- Telescript language: An object-oriented programming language that facilitates the creation of active, agent-based network operations.
- Tabriz AgentWare: Software for executing and managing agent-based applications.
- Tabriz Agent Tools: Developer tools for creating agent-based applications that are deployed at Tabriz Web sites.
- Small office/home office users
- Device manufacturers
- Business professionals
- Service providers
- Corporate enterprises
- Hardware manufacturers
- Value-Added Resellers
- Systems Integrators
- Software OEMs
- Public telecommunications operators
- Service Providers